Total Dynamic Power PV. Ltd (TDP for short), the core technology comes from Taiwan Dyeing Optoelectronics Co., Ltd. Self-powered solutions for energy and wireless IoT devices”, which can effectively replace the application of traditional carbon-zinc and small mercury batteries. Not only can it effectively promote the development process of the Internet of Things industry, but also has the environmental protection value and significance of leading the reduction of traditional batteries.
Low-light power generation, as the name suggests, is different from traditional solar power generation, which can only generate electricity under direct sunlight. DSC modules can generate electricity in a light environment (above 200 Lux) due to the activities of ordinary people. The most potential source of power with mobile devices. With the self-developed power management system, it can provide customized products with the best cost-effectiveness according to different application requirements and usage scenarios of customers.
Why choose TDP?
(1) The Internet of Things has become a recognized industry development trend, and one of the key development factors is the deployment of a large number of low-power sensing devices and ubiquitous wireless signal transmission. Therefore, under the absolute advantages of no need to pull wires, no need to replace batteries, and more environmental protection, through the uninterrupted micro-energy collection, it can provide a steady stream of electrical energy to related devices, which will accelerate the development of the Internet of Things industry, and then drive the overall System development and platform business opportunities.
(2) Examine several pain points of using traditional batteries or rechargeable batteries in current life: insufficient battery life of the device, inconvenient replacement of batteries, high total operating cost of long-term battery solutions, trouble and inconvenience caused by charging, and problems caused by discarded batteries. Environmental protection issues, etc., all of which will be overcome and solved by TDP's comprehensive technology.
(3) TDP has the world's leading DSC all-round technology, including a number of patents, original key material preparation, module mass production process and equipment, high output yield, and low-power micro-power management circuits, and has verified a number of feasible application and its industrial value. Among them, the micro power management system, which has been developed and integrated for many years, can also be combined with the application of various photovoltaic power generation and energy harvesting technologies to extend the energy storage and self-power supply modes used in multiple and different situations, which is the most unique development niche of TDP.
(4) Based on the advantages of TDP in DSC photodynamic energy technology, develop self-powered modules with the highest photoelectric conversion efficiency in human-induced environments (10,000 Lux), and then integrate other outdoor solar module technologies with thin and high weather resistance characteristics , or other energy harvesting technologies, will be able to provide more complete self-powered solutions for various devices in different environments.
(5) TDP's DSC photo-dynamic modules have been verified by many well-known manufacturers, especially Taiwan's Advantech, the world's largest industrial computer leader, and Taiwan's Yuantai Electronics, a leading manufacturer of electronic paper, have completed sample application products test. With the popularization of 5G and AI technologies in the future, as well as the collection and application of various environmental big data, the demand for more passive wireless sensors will become more significant; then continue to introduce more than 50 related market applications that TDP has demonstrated feasible. , the development prospects are limitless.
Verified Potential Self-Powered Applications
Power source and maintenance have been the biggest problem of the semiconductor and system industry. Therefore, after 2014, many large-scaled IC chip companies have been developing energy harvesting solutions, which is to obtain renewable energy from the environment such as light, heat, and vibration. IDTechEx had mentioned that the energy harvesting applications would breakthrough 10 billion devices in year 2021. As method, costs and revenue are considered, light energy harvesting may be the most potential market because DSC self-powered module is known to be the most efficient in producing power under artificial light.
Integration with LPWAN
As 3G, 4G and even 5G base stands’ low power wide areas network (LPWAN, such as NBIOT/CAT-1) are broadly built, various IoT systems develop rapidly. Not to mention those applications of independent protocols such as LORA and SIGFOX. While DSC’s modularized self-powered solution effectively solves many power problems of wireless sensors and mobile devices, this could grow together with AI and the big data technology, which would also push up the current developing IoT Industry.
As 5G and the technology of AI had developed with the new generation, demands for the IoT elements would increase substantially, and powering up stable and convenient devices had become a key factor of the industry growth.
Take the basic environment sensor as an example, the market scale would grow from 560 million USD (2014) to 920 million USD in 2021. The DSC self-powered module was tested and proven to be applicable in any human environment with light and to provide stable power source for IoT sensors. It is believed that DSC can effectively solve the problems of wireless IoT sensors that consumes low power. Therefore, the market share of TDP and DSC in the future is worth looking forward to.Also, the demands on locators/ trackers have been ascending. The potential is huge as the demand for pet tracker itself reaches up to 5.5 million pieces in only North America. It is predicted that out of all IoT devices in 2021, low power consumed sensors applicated with the DSC self-powered module could take up to 1% of the overall quantity (260 million). Furthermore, if relevant IoT devices could reach 20% of market share on the low power consumed sensors, the potential market of DSC self-powered module could achieve 52 million pieces.
WE ARE THE BEST
NO DISPOSABLE BATTERIES, NO WIRES, NO LIMITATIONS
In the field of environment energy harvesting, dominates are lighting, heating, vibration, and wireless electrics; lighting is the most suitable for all applicable situations. IDTechEx Reports indicates that light energy harvesting technology provides utmost 100μW/cm2 of energy in door, which is sufficient for operation for the power required for wireless sensor devices and signaling under any circumstances. The only requirement is to implement sensors at lighting areas. In contrast with other energy harvesting strategies, light energy harvesting contains more advantages. Therefore, light energy harvesting technology shall be the best option amongst wireless sensor applications.
Furthermore, integrating environmental harvested energy based on the Hybrid concept, may satisfy most of the needs of self-powered IoT devices. Our product can really achieve the goals of wireless, disposable battery-less, and no limitations.
Above shows that under 10,000 Lux of illumination, TDP’ s DSC module performs the highest efficiency comparing to a-Si solar cells and the others. Human environment defines areas where human can comfortably live and perform daily activities within long hours. In addition, above shows that under 200 Lux of indoor low-light, DSC carries out the best efficiency rate comparing to the others.